To encourage the pursuit of excellence and promote the reputation of the Association and its individual Members, the Wire Fabricators Association hereby adopts the following Code of Ethics. All Member Companies shall abide by the provisions of this Code. In the absence of specific mention below, Member Companies shall conduct themselves by the guiding principle, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.
- Member Companies shall obey and abide by all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to their individual business practices.
- While keeping in compliance with Federal Anti-Trust Regulations, members shall be willing to share appropriate, non-confidential information regarding business best practices, techniques, procedures, and/or policies that would serve to improve or strengthen member companies and/or our industry.
- Member Companies shall not knowingly injure or malign the good name or business reputation of another member company.
- Member Companies shall not unduly attempt to influence business decisions through the use of bribes, kickbacks, or other undisclosed compensation to customers or prospective customers.
- Member Companies, when quoting inquiries, shall maintain the highest level of integrity by consistently adhering to the requirements of the product bid package, and refrain from unethical or illegal practices such as substituting inferior materials, engaging in price predation, or selling below cost with the intent to injure competition.
- Member Companies shall not copy or infringe upon unique intellectual property of fellow members, including but not limited to designs, trademarks, names, slogans, or trade secrets unless approved by that member company.
- A Member Company shall not solicit for hire any employee of another Member Company with the expressed intent of 1) obtaining expertise or protected confidential business information from the employee’s former Company, or 2) obtaining customers from the employee’s former Company.